Fundamentals of Telecommunications
The course begins by looking at the historical background to telecoms, as well as key technologies, abbreviations and techniques employed within a network. The course progresses through digital fixed networks, data networks and mobile networks before concluding with a look at emerging technologies.
Throughout the course, emphasis is placed on using demonstrations to support the theory, including videos and images of equipment and networks to explore the many applications of telecoms in the modern world.
Course content and learning materials are provided through video webinar recordings, supplemented by assessments and reflective questions.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
|Partner Details||Wray Castle is the leading provider of training in the telecommunications industry. They provide training on telecommunication technologies across the industry sectors and on a global scale, including mobile and fixed network operators such as EE, O2, Three and BT, as well as transport, defence, energy and emergency services.|
• Understand the origins of telecommunications' networks and systems.
• Discuss the development of digital telecoms techniques.
• Explain the basic concepts behind LANs, the Internet and IP protocols.
• Understand how 2G, 3G and 4G mobile communications networks work.
• Describe how fixed and mobile broadband are provisioned.
• Debate the requirements and development of future telecoms networks.