Surge Protection to BS EN/IEC 62305 Unit 8: Introduction to lightning protection system design - Pre-order Only
This unit will explore BS EN 62305 Part 3, methods of external lightning protection and isolated systems vs. non-isolated systems. Good surge protection measures must be accompanied by the correct lightning protection system (LPS) with good earthing. This unit covers the basic design parameters and concepts of LPS design based on BS EN 62305 Part 3.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is available for pre-order. The course will be made available soon.
Dr Tony Sung, Director, Energy Reduction Management Ltd
Tony is an independent Chartered Energy and Electrical Engineering Consultant. Tony was the course tutor for the MEng(Hons) degree course in Architectural Science and Engineering Services at Manchester University. He has given lectures in Lightning and Surge Protection to BEng(Hons), MEng(Hons) and MSc students in UK and Overseas universities. He is currently the Chairman of CIBSE Electrical Services Group and representing CIBSE on BS7671 the main JPEL64 committee.
Mr Robin Earl, Market Development Manager, DEHN (UK) Ltd.
Robin has over twenty years experience of the field surge protection, originally trained by DEHN and SOHNE prior to the establishment of the DEHN UK Office. He is currently serving in BS7671 JPEL64 subcommittee D on Surge Protection and Foundation Earthing. He has presented many CPD seminars on Surge Protection and Lightning protection to IET and CIBSE members.
• Understand the lightning protection design principles of a building or structure for external lightning protection systems under BS 62305 Part 3.
• Understand the relationship between lightning protection levels and class of lightning protection systems and rolling sphere radius.
• Understand the three different lightning protection methods.
• Understand isolated and non-isolated systems and separation distance.
• Understand Type A and Type B earthing arrangements.
• Understand typical earthing and bonding arrangements relating to external lightning protection systems.