Securing the Internet of Things Networks
This course introduces the key concepts of the Internet of Things and cybersecurity. The course will provide an insight into the Internet of Things, outline the basics of cybersecurity, and describe a framework to protect IOT assets.
The course will also examine some real-world examples of IOT deployments and their cybersecurity, to highlight key lessons and key deployment actions that can be taken. It will provide IOT implementation guidance and examine how to build secure networks.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Act as an intelligent customer: understand the limitations of IOT devices and be able to ask questions about those devices’ cybersecurity
• Talk to security professionals and articulate their needs to better protect IOT devices
• Design “security in” in IOT devices and deployments; highlight where designs and deployments may have security issues
• Explain and apply a framework to protect IOT devices
This course is authored by Dr. Adrian Davis, MBA, FBCS, CITP CISSP.
Adrian is the Lead for Standards and Partnerships at ObjectTech, working on global identity solutions using blockchain. Previously, he was both Managing Director and Director of Cybersecurity Advocacy EMEA for (ISC)², the world’s largest cybersecurity membership organization.
A frequent speaker and contributor on cyber and information security, he is also a published author. Adrian has established varied partnerships and initiatives, most-notably in support of: accreditation guidelines referenced by computing science undergraduate degree programmes across Europe; educational resources; and the latest edition of Europe’s eCompetence Framework (eCF), now recognised as a European Standard.
Adrian is also an editor for the International Standards Organisation, assisting in the development of several information security standards within the ISO/IEC 27000 series on supply chain security, professionalism and cyber insurance; and standards on blockchain security, identity management and privacy.
He holds the title of Visiting Professor of Cybersecurity at Sunderland University.
Units included in this course
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 1: Introduction to course
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 2: Cybersecurity - the basics
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 3: The Internet of Things - fundamentals
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 4: Securing the Internet of Things
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 5: Building secure networks
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 6: IOT implementation guidance
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 7: IOT in the real world
- Securing the IoT Networks - Unit 8: Final Assessment