Risk and Safety Management for Engineers: Risk Analysis
This course will give an overview of a number of risk assessment techniques including Bowtie, Fault Trees, QRA, frequency assessment, consequence assessment and Risk Assessment Matrix. The course also explores human factors, human failures and human factors engineering and integration with example case studies from various industries. The course discusses what Functional Safety is and the ideas behind using LOPA and SIL for risk reduction. Finally, it explains how major accident scenarios affecting the environment are identified, and how their risks are assessed, ranked, and managed.
This course is one fifth of the main Risk and Safety Management for Engineers course. Click here to view the full course.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. The company assist clients in major hazard industries as well as commercial and public sectors to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk. Find out more at http://www.risktec.tuv.com/
• Apply risk assessment techniques (e.g. Bowtie, QRA, Risk Assessment Matrix, HFE, LOPA, SIL), and better understand assessments carried out by others
• Define and differentiate between Human Factors, Human Factors Engineering and Human Factors Integration
• Give examples of case studies where human failure contributed to a major accident
• Understand the basic process of risk management
• Explain by reference to past incidents the environmental risk from major accidents