Risk Analysis Units 5-7 - QRA
This set of 3 units introduces safety and risk management. Unit 5 explains how to carry out quantitative risk assessments (QRAs) focusing on assessment of oil and gas or process plants. The unit explains how QRAs are used and the input they have into risk management. Unit 6 explains how to carry out frequency assessment for a typical oil and gas or process plant. The assessment consists of a parts count and event tree analysis. The unit explains how the frequencies of releases and their outcomes (e.g. fires, explosions, etc.) can be calculated. Unit 7 explains how to carry out a consequence assessment for a typical oil & gas process plant. The assessment consists of a mixture of physical effects modelling and vulnerability analysis. The unit explains how the consequences of releases can be quantified and how to predict the impact of those consequences.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. The company assist clients in major hazard industries as well as commercial and public sectors to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk. Find out more at http://www.risktec.tuv.com/
|Type||Set of 3 units|
• Understand the stages of the QRA process
• Acknowledge the uncertainties in QRA
• Compare QRA results to risk criteria
• Split a process into sections
• Carry out a parts count using P&IDs
• Construct an event tree
• Determine the source terms for a hazardous release
• Understand the types of physical effects modelled in QRAs
• Assess the impact of these effects on people or equipment