LED Lighting - Pre-order Only
The world of lighting is constantly evolving, and energy efficient LED lighting is transforming the marketplace. For professionals in the lighting industry it is vital to continuously acquire knowledge, not only to stay up to date, but also to get recognised in the industry for expertise and to feel confident in discussions when advising others about lighting.
In 2014, the IET published the Code of Practice for the Application of LED Lighting Systems. Since then there has been little in the way of literature and training materials with regards to updates in this area. This course aims to ensure learners remain up to date with the latest in LED lighting. It will look at the rapid development of LED Lighting, technology in the lighting industry, market advancements, LED lighting design, selection and specification, applications of human centric lighting, controls available for LED lighting, inspection, testing and maintenance and retrofitting. It will also provide real world information using case studies.
This course is available for pre-order. The course will be available on 28 February 2019.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Understand the principles behind and key terms related to LED technologies, lamps and luminaires
• Evaluate LED lighting solutions
• Understand the past and present LED lighting industry and market advancements
• Learn about human centric lighting and its applications
• Understand design principles for LED lighting solutions
• Recognise the considerations taken in the selection and specification of LED lighting
• Evaluate control strategies for LED lighting
• Evaluate energy performance improvements
• Calculate the benefits of LED lighting
• Be able to consider approaches to new build and retrofit applications
|Partner Details||BSSEC, Building Services Sustainability & Environmental Consultancy, is in the business of helping commercial organisations become more energy efficient. BSSEC was founded by current Executive Chairman Paul Bennett in 2005. Paul started his career as an electrician’s apprentice and has worked up to become an Executive Chairman of an international engineering businesses. Paul is a Chartered Engineer and Chartered Director with 30 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical building engineering design, contracting, maintenance and operation. Paul’s specialisms include LED lighting systems, electrical building services, mechanical building services, energy efficiency and renewable infrastructures. Paul is a member of CIBSE, IET and a fellow of the IoD. Paul is an author for technical and leadership training for the IET and the Energy Institute, acts as an engineering ambassador for the Institute of Directors and is also a member of the judging panel for the Innovation category of the 2018 Director of the Year Awards UK Finals.|
Units included in this course
- LED Lighting - Unit 1: Introduction - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 2: Standards Relevant to LED Lighting and Key Terminology - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 3: The LED Lighting Industry and Market Advancements - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 4: Interior LED Lighting Design - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 5: Exterior LED Lighting Design - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 6: Human Centric LED Lighting Principles and Applications - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 7: Automatic Lighting Controls Compatible with LED Lighting - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 8: Selection and Specification of LED Luminaires - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 9: Installation, Inspection, Testing and Maintenance of LED Lighting Systems - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 10: Retrofitting LED Lighting - Pre-order Only
- LED Lighting - Unit 11: Final Assessment - Pre-order Only