ISO 56002 Innovation Management Unit 6-7: Support Structures
These units will address opportunities and risks, building internal and external factors into planning, setting appropriate innovation objectives within a planning framework, and building the organisational structures around the processes of innovation so that it is maintained, extended, and improved throughout all innovation cycles
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
Eicorn is a global consultancy based in Sweden and the UK. Eicorn is on a mission to redefine innovation thinking and practice. It is pioneering evidence-based innovation practices to build world-class innovation capabilities for big corporations. Eicorn helps companies by creating and realising unique and defendable future revenue-streams. The vehicles to future revenues that Eicorn helps establish are called innovation programs. Such innovation programs can be:
The course writers are:
David JW Bailey - is a chartered accountant and innovation consultant with over 20 years’ experience in SME technology enabled businesses at the cutting edge of digital media and software development. David has been “fast building” innovation centric SME business for the last 10 years with founding teams. He brings a deep focus on the interaction of innovation processes with financial resources and outcomes.
Jenny Hammarberg - is the CEO at Eicorn with more than a decade of experience as a Management Consultant. She has great experience from establishing and developing innovation management programs, strategy, business development and change management. Jenny’s primarily expertise lies within the areas of leading corporate transformation, and especially the type driven by innovation.
Daniel Borg - is Head of Scientific Process at Eicorn with several years of experience in management consulting and from building and leading complex innovation programs. He is responsible for the development of Eicorn's evidence-based framework for world class innovation, a framework that has been proven to make innovation work in the corporate context. Daniels primary expertise is how to build ambidextrous organisations and complex decision-making.
• Understand what to consider when planning to reach objectives.
• Understand the S.M.A.R.T method for planning.
• Understand what "structures" are in the context of the standard, including different types.
• Understand what structures should be enabled for the innovation management system.
• Know how to choose a structure or structures for innovation initiatives.
• Understand what a portfolio is and how it differs from a program or project.
• Understand requirements for good practice of portfolio management.
• Have gained insights into the different ways to manage and balance portfolios.
• Understand the importance of providing resources, time and finance to support the innovation management system.
• Understand how infrastructure provision affects innovation management systems as well as innovation activities.
• Be able to recognise key characteristics of good infrastructure.
• Understand how people and their competences are important to innovation and can be managed by the innovation management system.
• Understand competence requirements for those undertaking innovation.
• Understand how to prepare to hire, retain and upskill people.
• Understand how information and knowledge management affect the innovation management system.
• Know how to store, communicate, and manage knowledge.
• Know which tools and methods of information management can work for innovation management systems.
• Understand where strategic intelligence management operates in innovation management systems.
• Understand how Information Management Systems add value to the innovation management system.
• Understand management of intellectual property assets in innovation.
• Understand what intellectual property rights are, including patents.
• Understand the value of intellectual property rights when working with others.
• Understand the key aspects to consider when deciding whether to defend or not defend intellectual property.
The course will be of benefit to anyone in any organisation at any scale, whether public or private, that wishes to establish, implement, maintain, and continually improve an innovation management system for any service, product, method, technology or design.