Introduction to Wind Energy
This online course introduces learners to wind power generations and wind turbine design technologies.
A wind turbine system contains aerodynamic, composite structures, structural dynamics, electrical engineering, control and wind physics etc. In this course the learner will be taught the basic knowledge of each discipline.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
Professor Taeseong Kim
Taeseong Kim is currently a Professor of Wind Energy at the School of Mechanical, Electrical and Manufacturing Engineering Loughborough University, UK.
• Explain how a wind resource estimate is made
• Describe the design challenges associated with wind turbines
• Explain the fundamental principles of wind turbine aerodynamics and thus how a wind turbine produces power from the wind
• Explain the fundamental principles of wind turbine control and thus how a wind turbine is controlled
• Describe the wind turbine blade design process
• Explain the dynamic response of wind turbines in operation
• Describe the detailed aspects of wind turbine design in connection with aerodynamic, structure, load and its dynamics aspects
• Describe the main source of wind turbine loads