Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 8: Leading the team
This unit will help you understand different approaches to leading teams, from supporting colleagues so that they can perform to the best of their ability to enabling you to be a confident and effective leader for the organisation. On completing this unit you will better understand different collaborative working approaching and strategies for colleagues, partners and investors in your business.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Explain how to co-create with your team and build the relevant strategies and procedures needed for a collaborative working environment.
• Describe how to pitch effectively to investors and/or donors.
• Understand the value created by digital technologies and in teaming up with distributed communities.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.