Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 7: Managing innovation projects
This unit will help you to understand how to manage innovation projects in the context of business planning and resource management. It will give you a better understanding of the tools and techniques that can be used to manage innovation projects as part of your entrepreneurial journey.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Understand how to manage technologically complex projects through taking a holistic approach.
• Understand the key concepts of agile project management, including selected tools and techniques.
• Describe how to prepare a risk register to help manage projects risks.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.