Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 6: Capturing market needs
In this unit you will be learning about different approaches for capturing market needs.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.
• Discuss the importance of segmenting different target markets within the marketing strategy.
• Understand the strengths and weaknesses of various marketing tactics.
• Explain the importance of competitor research to help differentiate your business in the marketplace.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager