Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 4: Product design
This unit will help you to understand how to manage new product development. It will give you a better understanding of why companies continually need new products and services plus how they are specified and designed.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.
• Demonstrate how to capture design requirements through using a systems engineering approach.
• Understand digital design tools, including visualisation and simulation systems.
• Describe the key concepts of sustainable development and how they apply to the design of sustainable engineering solutions.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager