Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 3: Leveraging research and development
This unit will help you to understand how to leverage the benefits from research and development as well as to understand the research commercialisation process. The unit will provide you with an understanding of the features of research and development as well as the tools and techniques to manage research and development as part of your entrepreneurial journey.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.
• Demonstrate that you understand the different forms of intellectual property (IP) and the protection of IP in the context of commercialisation of technology.
• Demonstrate knowledge of technology management tools, such as technology roadmapping.
• Understand innovation and the concept of open innovation.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager