Entrepreneurial Skills for Engineers Unit 2: Ideation and creativity
This unit will help you recognise different starting points that can spark creative ideas.
It will help you to understand different creative tools you can apply when thinking about developing concepts into entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial proposals.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Use different techniques to test innovative ideas with end users.
• Discuss different points of inspiration that can be shaped into creativity and ideation strategies.
• Describe how innovations diffuse in society, culture and the market.
Job titles include:
• Engineer (mechanical engineer, electrical engineer, industrial engineer, chemical engineer, etc.)
• Project engineer
• Design engineer
• Process engineer
• Quality engineer
• Project manager, programme manager
This course is authored by the Nathu Puri Institute (NPI) for Engineering and Enterprise, which was established in 2011 at London South Bank University (LSBU). The Institute conducts research and shares its findings on integrated approaches to engineering education, with the aim of fostering confidence and enterprise in learning and practice. This course was written by the Director of the Institute, Professor Simon Philbin, along with Thomas Empson, Robin Jones, Paul Mansell, Mausam Gaurav and Pavan Kumar Sala.