Engineer to Manager - An Introduction to Management
Engineers often report feeling unprepared for management roles, however staff initially qualified in engineering are amongst the largest source of top management in UK companies. The development of engineers’ managerial skills and expertise is therefore critical for success.
By expanding your knowledge to successfully make the transition from engineering to management, utilising your existing core skills and identifying and filling in the gaps where business skills are required, you can learn how to manage a team in a way that will involve and inspire them to achieve organisation goals.
This course will help to understand the role of the manager and the responsibilities this carries, as well as help develop your own approach to working with others and leading a team. The course content provides a strong foundation for becoming an effective leader - one who is able lead a team, implement change, and consistently achieve results.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
• Make the move up the career ladder into management
• Improve the performance of your projects and team
• Add value to your organisation
• Fast track knowledge transfer
• Fast track on the job improvements
|Partner Details||BSSEC, Building Services Sustainability & Environmental Consultancy, is in the business of helping commercial organisations become more energy efficient. BSSEC was founded by current Executive Chairman Paul Bennett in 2005. Paul started his career as an electricians apprentice and has worked up to become an Executive Chairman of international businesses. Paul is a Chartered Engineer and Chartered Director with 30 years’ experience in electrical and mechanical building engineering design, contracting, maintenance and operation. Paul’s specialisms include management, company direction, energy efficiency and renewable infrastructures. Paul acts as an ambassador to the Institute of Directors and is a member of the IET. In 2016 Paul was awarded the Institute of Directors' “New Chartered Director” title and is a fellow of the IoD.|
Units included in this course
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 1: The Transition from Engineer to Manager
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 2: The Purpose of Management
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 3: Legal and Compliance Requirements
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 4: International Management Standards
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 5: Basic accounting
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 6: Procurement
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 7: Working with Human Resources
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 8: Contracts
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 9: Risk Management
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 10: Project Management
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 11: Team Management
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 12: Reporting
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 13: Product Development
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 14: Marketing
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 15: Sales
- Engineer to Manager - Unit 16: Final Assessment