Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation to BS7671: 2018 AMD 1 Units 19-22: Vehicle as Storage
Units 19 to 22 introduce the requirements for Vehicle as Storage. They discuss the recommendations in Section 10 of the IET Code of Practice EV charging equipment installation and relevant recommendations of the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems. The additional DNO notification requirements are also covered.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
|Partner Details||Director and Principal Consultant at G Kenyon Technology Ltd, Graham has established his reputation designing and implementing control and information management systems in the challenging environments presented by world-class construction programmes in the airport and railway industries. Graham is well versed in standard-setting, as he serves as: Chair of the IET’s Wiring Regulations Policy Committee; a member CIBSE’s Electrical Services Group Committee; an IET representative on JPEL/64 (BS 7671, IET Wiring Regulations), under which he also serves as Deputy Chair of JPEL/64 sub-committee D. Graham is author of the 3rd Edition of the IET Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Installations, co-author of the IET Code of Practice for Electrical Energy Storage Systems, and editor of some of the IET’s forthcoming Wiring Regulations publications: Guidance Note 5 Protection against electric shock (8th Edition); Guidance Note 6 Protection against overcurrent (8th Edition); and Electrical installation design guide (4th Edition).|
• The key standards and industry guidance for vehicle as storage systems
• What is meant by vehicle as storage
• The uses of vehicle as storage may be put
• The additional DNO notification requirements for vehicle as storage systems
• The different modes of operation of a vehicle as storage system
• The requirements for electrical safety in relation to a vehicle as storage system in parallel operation
• The requirements for electrical safety in relation to a vehicle as storage system in island mode operation
• The requirements for isolation and labelling to ensure safety in maintenance of a vehicle as storage system
• How to arrange a vehicle as storage system to achieve load shedding in island mode operation
• The additional requirements for inspection, testing, handover and maintenance for a vehicle as storage system