Electrical Design Calculations and Consideration Unit 6: Ring final circuit design and considerations - Pre-order Only
This Unit looks at ring circuit applications and design.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is available for pre-order. The course will be made available soon.
The course has been written by Simon Ogborn FIET MSET LCGI, owner and lecturer at Erudite Training Ltd.
Simon has been an electrical engineer for over thirty years, primarily working on critical power supplies within petrochemical plants. After attending college in 2004 to take his Design and Verification qualification, in which he attained a Distinction, he was asked to join the teaching team at Tameside College. Simon started Erudite Training in 2009 with the primary ethos being to teach the subject properly, not just coach for exams. This, in turn lead Simon to be head hunted by City and Guilds, in 2013, to become one of their Technical Consultants.
Simon has been involved in many of the electrical qualifications since then, including working on the 2396 Level 4 Design and Verification. He is therefore ideally placed with technical understanding, teaching skills and the valuable insight into what errors candidates make in their exams.
• Access and understand the relevant regulations pertaining to this design element.
• Understand the advantages and operational limitations of ring circuits.
• Be able to design ring final circuits for different circumstances.
• Design spurs from ring final circuits.
• Calculate voltage drop on ring circuits.
• Understand earth fault loop impedance calculations for ring circuits.
• Confirm earth fault thermal constraints for ring circuits.