Electrical Design Calculations and Consideration Unit 5: Lighting circuit design and considerations - Pre-order Only
This unit explores different ways of approaching calculations, so as a Designer you can understand various design methods and options to get the best design for the different circumstances you will come across.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is available for pre-order. The course will be made available soon.
The course has been written by Simon Ogborn FIET MSET LCGI, owner and lecturer at Erudite Training Ltd. Simon has been an electrical engineer for over thirty years, primarily working on critical power supplies within petrochemical plants. After attending college in 2004 to take his Design and Verification qualification, in which he attained a Distinction, he was asked to join the teaching team at Tameside College. Simon started Erudite Training in 2009 with the primary ethos being to teach the subject properly, not just coach for exams. This, in turn lead Simon to be head hunted by City and Guilds, in 2013, to become one of their Technical Consultants. Simon has been involved in many of the electrical qualifications since then, including working on the 2396 Level 4 Design and Verification. He is therefore ideally placed with technical understanding, teaching skills and the valuable insight into what errors candidates make in their exams.
• Access and understand the relevant regulations pertaining to this design element.
• Be able to calculate basic lighting circuits.
• Design lighting installations with various switching arrangements.
• Understand and negate voltage drop issues on lighting circuits.
• Design three-phase lighting circuits.
• Have an understanding of lighting control and energy efficiency.