Electrical Design Calculations and Considerations Unit 1: Basic radial circuit design principles - Pre-order Only
This unit has been designed to give you the understanding behind basic calculations. This will enable you to apply the principles to more complicated designs as you progress through the course.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
This course is available for pre-order. The course will be made available soon.
The course has been written by Simon Ogborn FIET MSET LCGI, owner and lecturer at Erudite Training Ltd. Simon has been an electrical engineer for over thirty years, primarily working on critical power supplies within petrochemical plants. After attending college in 2004 to take his Design and Verification qualification, in which he attained a Distinction, he was asked to join the teaching team at Tameside College. Simon started Erudite Training in 2009 with the primary ethos being to teach the subject properly, not just coach for exams. This, in turn lead Simon to be head hunted by City and Guilds, in 2013, to become one of their Technical Consultants. Simon has been involved in many of the electrical qualifications since then, including working on the 2396 Level 4 Design and Verification. He is therefore ideally placed with technical understanding, teaching skills and the valuable insight into what errors candidates make in their exams.
• Access and understand the relevant regulations pertaining to this design element.
• Be able to undertake single-phase design current calculations.
• Have a basic knowledge of rating factors and how they affect cable selection.
• Calculate and select the minimum conductor size for current carrying capacity.
• Understand the principle and calculations pertaining to voltage drop.