Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity
This course provides a balanced overview of a variety of connectivity related topics. The course is not intended as a programming tutorial, but rather gives an in-depth explanation of the concepts behind the connectivity of CAVs. It starts by exploring general networking basic concepts and then goes into the principles of wireless communications. Special place is given to the car-to-car and car-to-infrastructure basic and advanced topics.
This course details the achievements of US developments and separately the EU approach to connectivity including special cases on Dedicated Short-Range Communication standards. Learners will find in-depth overviews of all wireless technologies in use nowadays: Wi-Fi, GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, SMS etc. One of the units specifically looks at the development of in-car applications, giving an overview of the Google and Apple approaches to in-car connectivity and development. Finally, the course introduces the likely interaction between the traffic and the local authorities’ traffic control centres for building future CAV-based ITS.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
|Partner Details||The Transport Systems Catapult (Connected Places Catapult ) is the UK’s technology and innovation centre for Intelligent Mobility. It is a neutral, not-for-profit, Technology and Innovation company which aims to make the UK a world leader in Transport Innovation.|
• Understand the principles of modern networking systems and create novel (wireless) networking architectures for connected vehicles and infrastructures
• Understand the principles of modern wireless technologies - WiFi, GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, SMS – and build applications using them
• Understand the principles of building modern ITS using wireless technologies and use these wireless technologies for designing wireless connectivity paradigms for CAVs
• Understand how to develop, design and build new in-car applications
• Understand how modern ITS can use CAVs for the purposes of providing better traffic control
• Team leaders – connectivity (one level up from developers)
• Technical Architects – designing novel connectivity concepts – high level concepts adoption
• CTO – understanding and driving the development of novel applications in the connectivity part of CAVs
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 1 - Connectivity – basic networking concepts for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CAVs)
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 3 - Introduction to ad-hoc networks - principles, problems, MANET, VANET
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 4 - Advanced - working within MANETs, VANETs for future ITS
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 5 - Introduction to CAV connectivity technologies - Wi-Fi, GSM, 3G, 4G, 5G, SMS
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 6 - Designing V2V and V2I applications – reference implementations and connectivity considerations
£45.00Connected and Autonomous Vehicles: Connectivity Unit 8 - Connected cars and the future of traffic control systems