Asset Management for Engineers Unit 9: Asset Maintenance and Reliability
This unit has been designed to develop your understanding of asset maintenance and reliability, show how maintenance requirements are developed and outline functional requirements and failure modes. We will explore how maintenance is part of the total management of assets through their lives and the management of risk
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
The Woodhouse Partnership Ltd (TWPL) is a world-leading authority on asset management, risk management, operational excellence, life-cycle costing, risk and performance optimisation.
TWPL has led and facilitated the development of BSI PAS 55 and ISO 55000 standards, the IAM Competency Requirements Framework and Asset Management Maturity guidance.
TWPL operates on a global basis with its head office based near Newbury, Berkshire in the UK with regional offices in North America and Latin America and has been providing education, training and workplace mentoring in asset management for 20 years in 28 countries and most industry sectors.
TWPL’s own Asset Management Academy offers asset management training to individuals and corporate clients at all levels of asset management expertise. The training portfolio includes courses that are aligned to ISO 55000 and the IAMs Competences Framework.
TWPL was one of the first Asset Management training organiSations to be endorsed by the Institute of Asset Management for professional Asset Management competency development.
• Have an appreciation of maintenance theory and be able to effectively contribute to developing maintenance strategies.
• Understand the principles of reliability centred maintenance and related tools and techniques.
• Understand how maintenance contributes to risk management.
• Understand how maintenance fits with other activities including operations and asset replacement.
• Understand how spares requirements are determined.
Typical roles in an organisation include:
· Engineering and technical managers
· Project managers and engineers
· Operations managers and staff
· Maintenance managers and staff