Asset Management for Engineers Unit 1: The Fundamentals of Asset Management
This unit has been designed to develop your understanding of the underlying concepts or fundamentals Asset Management and will provide you with a solid foundation for the remaining Units in the course.
All prices shown are exclusive of VAT which will be added at checkout.
The Woodhouse Partnership Ltd (TWPL) is a world-leading authority on asset management, risk management, operational excellence, life-cycle costing, risk and performance optimisation.
TWPL has led and facilitated the development of BSI PAS 55 and ISO 55000 standards, the IAM Competency Requirements Framework and Asset Management Maturity guidance.
TWPL operates on a global basis with its head office based near Newbury, Berkshire in the UK with regional offices in North America and Latin America and has been providing education, training and workplace mentoring in asset management for 20 years in 28 countries and most industry sectors.
TWPL’s own Asset Management Academy offers asset management training to individuals and corporate clients at all levels of asset management expertise. The training portfolio includes courses that are aligned to ISO 55000 and the IAMs Competences Framework.
TWPL was one of the first Asset Management training organiSations to be endorsed by the Institute of Asset Management for professional Asset Management competency development.
• Understand the definition of an asset.
• Understand what Asset Management is.
• Understand the difference between managing assets and Asset Management.
• Understand the 4 fundamentals of Asset Management.
• Understand the concept of value as applied in Asset Management.
• Understand the distinctive features of modern Asset Management.
• Understand the potential benefits of Asset Management.
Typical roles in an organisation include:
· Engineering and technical managers
· Project managers and engineers
· Operations managers and staff
· Maintenance managers and staff